Before You Begin
Tips & Suggestions for Your Home Improvement Project
- Check references and make sure the remodeling or renovation company you’re considering is reliable, stable and professional.
- Give yourself the creative space to envision what you want. Take a walk through showrooms and get inspired by the different materials and displays.
- Before you begin, think about the goals you want to achieve. Is stellar design the driving force? Improved functionality? Resale? Perhaps you’re looking for energy savings? Or maybe it’s a combination of all these elements?
- The more time you spend planning, the easier the process is. It’s much more efficient to follow a plan than to work ad hoc. We encourage potential clients to keep a folder of photos and magazine clippings that exemplify elements of design and style that appeal to them.
- Develop a budget range for yourself that will help you make decisions when you are choosing materials and appliances.
- Communication is an important part of a successful renovation project. Ask questions and work with us to give you the correct answers.
- A renovation project has many moving parts so make sure that you have a Project Manager who will be dedicated to the project from beginning to end.
- Before you hire a renovation or remodeling company, ask them about their process and how they approach projects.
- Ask and make sure you get all the warranty information for the manufacturers.
- While a major renovation project can be disruptive, it doesn’t have to be stressful. When you have the right company, you’ll enjoy the process and revel in the results.